The Music Man: Auditions
Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater (Fall City, WA) announces
auditions for the summer 2015 production of The Music Man.
SFFT provides a fantastic opportunity for performers of many
ages and experience levels to perform in a beautiful outdoor
We have added another day of auditions! We are also looking for a barbershop quartet, email us if interested!
Saturday, May 23rd, 3-7pm
Sunday, May 24th, 3-7pm
Seattle Children’s Theatre
201 Thomas St
Seattle, WA 98109
Production: Fall City, WA
Rehearsals: Theatre Puget Sound (Seattle, WA)
Please come prepared with 16-32 bars of classic or Broadway-style music and a short monologue (the music and the monologue should be under 3 minutes combined). Please also bring your headshot and resume. Bring your sheet music in the correct key; an accompanist will be provided. We welcome performers of all experience levels; please contact us to discuss.
Scheduling an audition:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with "Audition Slot" in the subject (or leave us a voicemail at 425-736-7252). Include the 3 audition times that would be best for you in order of preference, and note if you play any instruments.
Start: between May 25th and June 1st
Location: Theatre Puget Sound in Seattle (up until the final week, July 12th; all subsequent rehearsals will be at the theater in Fall City).
July 18th-August 23rd; Saturdays at 2pm and 7pm and Sundays at 2pm
All performers will receive a travel stipend of $250
Director: Harry Turpin
Music director: Paul Linnes
Choreographer: Harry Turpin
- Harold Hill: Male, Lead, 30-55, Tenor
- Marian Paroo: Female, Lead, 25-35, Soprano, Dancing
- Marcellus Washburn: Male, Supporting, 30-40, Tenor, Dancing
- Mayor Shinn: Male, Supporting, 35-65, Spoken
- Eulalie Mackecknie Shinn: Female, Supporting, 35-65, Alto, Dancing
- Mrs. Paroo: Female, Supporting, 50-60, Mezzo-Soprano
- Winthrop Paroo: Male, Supporting, 5-10, Alto
- Amaryllis: Female, Featured, 8-10, Mezzo-Soprano
- Tommy Djilas: Male, Featured, 15-18, Spoken, Dancing
- Zaneeta Shinn: Female, Featured, 13-19, Spoken, Dancing
- Gracie Shinn: Female, Featured, 6-11, Mezzo-Soprano, Dancing
- Olin Britt: Male, Featured, Tenor
- Oliver Hix: Male, Featured, Baritone
- Ewart Dunlop: Male, Featured, Baritone
- Jacey Squires: Male, Featured, Bass
- Ethel Toffelmier: Female, Featured, Spoken, Dancing
- Alma Hix: Female, Featured, Spoken, Dancing
- Maud Dunlop: Female, Featured, Spoken, Dancing
- Mrs. Squires: Female, Featured, Spoken, Dancing
- Constable Locke: Male, Featured, Spoken
- Train Conductor: Male, Featured, Spoken
- Charlie Cowell: Male, Featured, Spoken
- Traveling Salesmen: Male, Ensemble
- Pickalittle Ladies: Female, Ensemble
Please note if you have any experience playing a band
instrument or singing in a barbershop quartet.
Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater is a truly unique symbiosis between nature and musical theater. The outdoor family-oriented theater venue is surrounded by 95 undeveloped acres of woods, meadows and streams, with a picturesque view of Snoqualmie Falls within a five minute walk of the parking area. Our land provides the setting and sustainment for our theater productions, while our theater productions provide funding for stewardship and maintenance of the land, providing a refuge for wildlife displaced by urban development, as well as providing outdoor recreational opportunities for members and guests. Many of our cast members camp at the theater in our campground, making for a fun and memorable experience for the cast and crew!
2015 Season: The Music Man
Come join us at Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater for The Music Man, performed in our outdoor amphitheater under a canopy of trees. Just east of Seattle, the theater combines great entertainment, a beautiful wooded setting, views of Snoqualmie Falls, and our signature BBQ dinners to create a truly unique experience. Join us for our 50 year anniversary!
Tickets on sale in early May; we are
changing online store providers. Bear with us during the
July 18th - August 23rd
Saturdays at 2 PM and 7 PM, Sundays at 2 PM
Child (5-12): $10
Children 4 and under: free
SFFT also offers an optional BBQ dinner of steak, salmon, or chicken, prepared by a variety of guest chefs from local restaurants (vegetarian lasagna also available).
$18 - Steak or salmon BBQ dinner
$15 - Chicken BBQ dinner
$14 - Vegetarian lasagna
$5 - Child's hot dog
-Want to get mails when auditions are scheduled and other updates? Sign up for our mailing list in the bar on the right!
-Please read our frequently asked questions before emailing or calling; you might find that your question is already answered there.
-If you'd like to volunteer to help during the show, email email@example.com and we'll get you on our list.
More than a theater!
Most of the growth and development at Snoqualmie Falls Forest
Theater and Family Park has been accomplished through the volunteer
efforts of our members. Revenue to support, improve and maintain Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater and Family park comes from member
dues and donations, and through our theatrical and other events.
In addition to providing critical support to Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater and Family Park, members receive many benefits through recreational use of the property. All membership levels receive theater tickets good for any time during the season.
And membership is affordable! Just $95 for a general membership!
General - $95
Includes two theater tickets
Patron - $170
Includes four theater tickets
Lifetime - $2000
Includes four theater tickets
To become a member, visit our online store or download our member application here. Note: price for lifetime membership is incorrect in this form
Members and their guests are entitled to use the property for various recreational activities including camping, hiking, and fishing. Members are permitted unrestricted access to the property year 'round.
- Views of Snoqualmie Falls from the base or just a short walk from your car to the overlook
- Unobstructed stargazing
- Winter solitude
- Fantastic fly fishing on our private shore
- 1/3 of a mile of private beach
- Gate pass allowing you 24/7/365 access to the park
- Use of the park for your private events, like:
- Family picnics and barbeques
- Family reunions
- Birthday parties
- Retirement parties
- Access to member-only events
- Free theater passes (quantity based on membership level)
- Bring up to 10 family members or friends with you at any time
- Best of all - Be a part of preserving this wonderful 95 acres of trees and open spaces
In addition to our summer theater program, Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater and Family Park provides year 'round recreational opportunities to its members in the form of fishing, hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Thanks to all of our fabulous sponsors - each of them helps ensure that you get high quality entertainment and a beautiful place to enjoy nature.
Interested in becoming an SFFT sponsor? We'd love to hear from you! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! You can also become a sponsor through our online store at http://store.foresttheater.org/.